Quizzes add to fun of being a ‘Potterhead’

October 16, 2016

Harry Potter. What else has to be said? He is the hero of our generation. The Harry Potter books have inspired millions of people, including myself. He has been an influence on many people, and has given us hopes and dreams. As every Potterhead knows, J.K. Rowling recently released a new quiz on Pottermore. Besides the quizzes that were previously there, including the Hogwarts house quiz, the Ilvermorny house quiz, and the wand quiz, there is now a quiz that determines the taker’s Patronus. For those that don’t know, a Patronus is a kind of positive force, protecting the spell-caster from the dementor, which is a representation of depression and despair. The Patronus is a projection of hope and happiness, which are exactly the things that dementors feed upon. A Patronus can be anything. For Harry Potter, it was a stag, which was a representation of his father. Hermione Granger’s was an otter, and Ron Weasley’s was a Jack Russell Terrier. A Patronus can be an ordinary animal, but in rare situations there are magical animals from the Harry Potter world, the rarest being dragons, thestrals, and phoenixes. Most people get ordinary animals, but once in a while there will be someone who stands out among the crowd and has a magical creature as their Patronus. Everything that determines what the Patronus will be depends on how all the questions in the quiz are answered.

When a friend of mine took the quiz, they got a squirrel as their Patronus. When I took it, I got a Granian Winged Horse.  Of course, just because some get a magical creature does not mean that they are in any way more special than anyone else, just that the person might have rarer qualities.

The Patronus quiz has been asked for by fans for many years now, and J.K. Rowling has delivered. The quiz is magical in every way and is perfect for fans who grew up with the Boy Who Lived. It inspires just as much as the book themselves, giving the fans a sight at the fantastic world of Harry Potter.

J.K. Rowling is the woman to thank for our minds being full of magic and hope, and we are indebted to her. She raised a generation that believes in the magic of the world around us, and she helps us see the magic in ourselves every single day.

$975
$1500