Hiro 88

Simret Habte, Staff Writer

Hiro 88 is a sushi restaurant with four locations; one in Lincoln and three throughout Omaha. I went to their location at the Old Market. As we walked in the front door, we were greeted by a smiling host behind a desk who pointed out a seat. There’s an obvious modern feel to the whole restaurant as seen in the light fixtures and other decorations.

One of the best parts of my time at Hiro was how amazing the service was. Beginning from the host to the waitress. They were all extremely polite. The waitress checked on our table pretty frequently and made sure everything we needed was taken care of. All of the food that was ordered came out quickly. I truly appreciated the way the waitress aid attention to what we needed. The servers and hosts cared about the people who came in or at the very least they were great at acting like they did.

The menu was all very appealing. There were a wide variety of options. We ordered the Fried Gyoza, Spicy Salmon, Asian Short Ribs, and Hiro’s Crunch. All of the food we ordered came to the table within fifteen minutes. I could tell the ingredients were fresh. The food was presented in an appetizing manner. I would personally recommend the Spicy Salmon roll. It’s made with salmon, tempura crisp, and hot sauce. It was so good, I even debated ordering more.

The only downside of Hiro 88 was the price. As a high school student, the price of most of the food was a little steep to me. I ordered off of the Happy Hour menu. There were still plenty of delicious options on that menu that were a little more affordable. I particularly enjoyed the fried gyoza off of the appetizers. There were six amazing chicken and pork dumplings that were gone way too soon.

I wholeheartedly recommend Hiro 88. It’s an amazing restaurant. Hiro has great options for all people with all types of tastes. It’s a great place to hang out and get great sushi and more. The website boasts that it’s a “hip venue for casual fine dining” and I couldn’t agree more. While it’s a little pricey, the food and experience is totally worth it.