Preference of Lunch Tables

Most students everyday look forward to the one period without any worries. It is also one of the few opportunities students have to eat and refuel for class. Something that Central offers that many other schools do not are multiple places to eat. There is the cafeteria which is the more casual and regular option for school lunch, and then the courtyard which provides a little more open environment that can be used for many things. The question is why does one choose one over the other? 

One popular opinion is friend groups, if someone’s friend group or clique is in the courtyard that person will usually tend to sit in the courtyard. It also provides a little quieter environment for someone who needs to work on a school activity. Although with sitting in the courtyard comes with less seating available to kids so the kids who generally can race to the courtyard first usually will receive the best spot. Another interest kids have to the courtyard is the fact it is more open and easier to get around if needed to leave. Even though the courtyard comes with many pros there are a couple cons aswell; there is very tight table space for extra kids to join and once you decide your table for the year it is hard to change that as the year goes on. With the pros and cons of the courtyard it still offers a new and different way of lunch and other activities.  

The second more traditional option for eating the cafeteria. The cafeteria is where most kids have always eaten their daily lunch. The cafeteria has more seating space for the kids that decide to eat there. On the contrary with more seats brings in more kids each day which also causes the cafeteria to be louder with more ruckus. Something that both the courtyard and cafeteria both have in common is where friend groups sit and many people also follow their friend group to the cafeteria for possibly more space for more people or maybe that is just their preference. Although many people can sit and eat in the cafeteria it is difficult to do or finish any school work because of the loud environment that comes with. Overall both of the lunch options provide a relieving break from class that everybody needs once a day.  

All in all, each person has a different opinion on where to eat lunch but either way it is all preference and they both come with the same food and pros and cons. The courtyard offers a little more relaxed and different environment. While there is also a more traditional option such as the cafeteria they both are suitable for eating. 

$975
$1500