COMMTING TO A COLLEGE AS A JUNIOR

April 5, 2018

It’s no secret that junior year is overwhelming with the ACT, maintaining good grades and looking into colleges, the whole process can be very difficult. Junior year is the most important year out of the four years so making the right decisions can influence the future. Choosing the right college is a huge decision that most students don’t make until the end of their senior year but for some juniors it’s just another commitment.
Raya O’Neal a junior at Central high school started her soccer career when she was only 3 years old. She played multiple sports growing but ended up choosing soccer to be her favorite. Raya has been on the girls’ varsity soccer team since her freshman year and is one of the starting players who play right or left outside defense.
In November of 2017 Raya verbally committed to Dominican University in Illinois to further her soccer career. She decided to pursue a major in fashion merchandising. Fashion has always been an interest of Raya’s since a young age and is what she enjoys. One of the reasons Raya decided to choose this university was based on the location, which is outside of Chicago. There would be more opportunities for jobs and such. Choosing a more diverse school outside of Nebraska was also a part of the decision process.
Committing to a college as a junior was a smart choice Raya. She felt like other athletes made the decision too early. Choosing one too early could isn’t something a student should do because they could change their mind or better offers could come along and they could miss the opportunity.
College is important to Raya and her family so making the right decisions are essential. Raya works hard in school and gets good grades so opportunities like committing to school like Dominican University could come to her. Working hard provides her with a better future and gets to show all the sacrifices that her family made for her paid off in the end.

$975
$1500