Omaha Fashion Week Overview

March 26, 2019

Omaha Fashion Week is a very luxurious event that annually showcases a wide variety of designers by presenting their designs on the live runway.  Each year, stylists, designers, models, photographers and all things fashion can present their talent and gain new opportunities through networking. The 2019 Spring event took place during the week of Feb. 25 through Mar. 2.  

At 6:00 p.m., the doors opened to the Omaha Design Center located at 1502 Cuming St. Not only did the runway show take place that night, but there were also several other side events including assortments of live entertainment.  

General admission tickets were priced at $10 for the event. VIP ticketholders were also granted special access to lounges and complimentary hors d’oeuvres and drinks during the event. There was also a pop-up shop market in which hosted a large variety of vendors that guests could choose to shop from. Guests were encouraged to take their photos at the Omaha Fashion Week red carpet and a live panel was hosted at 7:30 by the Omaha Fashion Week’s producer Brook Hudson on “careers in creative industries such as fashion, photography, design and more!”  

The entire week was filled with a multitude of different themes and events. Monday was entitled “Omaha Wedding Salon” where guests could gather inspiration for all things weddingrelated while gazing at the highend bridal runway show which took place from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Wednesday’s theme was the “UNL Student Showcase” in which thirty talented students from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s textile department were able to showcase their original designs out on the runway from 6:00 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday’s event was “Methodist & Xenon Survivor Show presented by American National Bank.” The event celebrated over 100 cancer survivors where they presented the designs of local boutiques while strutting out on the runway at 8:00 p.m. Friday included “ADORNED Emerging Designer Showcase” where the designers used the multiple components of textures, layers, embellishments and color to make a particular statement while making a fashion statement. Saturday’s lineup was entitled “GILDED Featured Designer Showcase” which happened to feature more experienced designers with extremely high-quality work. To end the week, on Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. there was a free and open to the public shopping event at the Omaha Design Center where guests could shop and meet the designers.

$975
$1500