Central Students Attend Elite Kicking Camp

During the summer, Central football players Jordan Diaz, Aiden Burke, and Sam Levy attended the Khol’s kicking camp in Wisconsin. The Kohl’s kicking camp ithe most prestigious camp in the nation for specialists. Specialists include the kicker, long snapper, and punter. Most FBS schools have coaches at the camp so it’s a great opportunity for camp attendees to get a look from college coaches. 

Diaz, is a junior at Central and he is a long snapper. He received a four-star rating from the camp, a rating that is tied for 43rd in the 2021 class among long snappers. Diaz said his rating “will give me a possibility to get a scholarship for college.” The scouts at the camp said Diaz, “snapped well throughout the weekend and will only get better with refinement to his mechanics. During the charting portion of camp, Diaz was able to score on 7 of his 12 long snaps.”  

Diaz said the camp, “helped me improve my stuff.” He is looking to improve even more as he enters his senior year, and is hopeful that he will be able to play college football. He says his goals for the next year are to, “make sure I have everything right, including grades and stuff like ACT, and then make sure my snaps are good and to just be ready for college and to (be) great. And then have a good senior year here at central.” He says his goal for next season is to “win a championship.” 

Diaz was not the only Eagle to participate in this camp. Junior kicker Sam Levy recived a four-star rating from Khol’s. It was tied for 101st nationally among kickers in the class of 2021. During the 2019 football season, Levy was 27/29 on extra points as well as converting 7 of the 10 field goal attempts he had. His longest made kick of the season was 35 yards. The scouts at the camp said of Levy, “He has long levers, powerful hips and good explosive power within his frame. As he continues to create clean command of his ball flight, his talent will really begin to take off. He charted 14 points in the field goal portion of the camp and was able to demonstrate solid refinement in his kickoffs by charting a big ball of 61 yards with 3.29 seconds of hang time.”  

Senior Aiden Burke also participated in the camp as a punter. He was also rated a four star by the scouts at Khol’s. It was also tied for 101st nationally among 2020 punters. During the 2020 football season, Burke averaged 46 yards per punt. He also did 45 kickoffs, 25 of which ended in touchbacks. The scouts at Khol’s said, “He showed that he has the leg talent to play at the next level with a 71 yard 3.9 second hang time kick off. If Burke can continue to gain the confidence needed on field goals he will continue to grow in the Kohl’s rankings. We expect some big things this fall because he has the talent required to be a dominant specialist.” 

$975
$1500