6 Winter activities to do in Omaha

1. Ice Skating 

When thinking of staple wintery activities, one that comes to mind is definitely ice skating! The UNMC Ice Rink, Grover Ice, Motto McLean, Moylan and Baxter Arena are places you can go for some fun on the ice.  

2. Sledding at Memorial Park 

Memorial Park is a good place to sled once snow falls. It is one of the most popular sledding locations and is also in the heart of Omaha.  

3. Felius Cat Café & Rescue 

Felius is a cat café and adoption service center. People can buy coffee or tea and hang around with cats that are available to be adopted. You can walk in or make a reservation — it’s only $7.50 for half an hour! 

4. Lauritzen Gardens 

This location is very pretty during the winter, and it has model trains available indoors to view. Nov. 18 through Dec. 31, they have a Bright Nights event from 5 to 8 p.m. There, you can view the floral hall, enjoy food and drink, and a 20-foot-tall poinsettia tree is on display. 

5. Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium 

The zoo has a lot of indoor attractions for when it gets colder. Since there are also fewer people when it gets chilly, you can relax and enjoy the animals at your own pace and in less crowded conditions. The Desert Dome, Lied Jungle, Kingdoms of the Night and the Aquarium are a few of the exhibits you can enjoy inside. 

6. Planetarium 

UNO’s Mallory Kountze Planetarium is a great place to go to see the stars as you learn about the patterns and mythology of it all. Admission is $6.50 per individual, and it reopens in January after the remodeling.