Former Eagle Jamison Kemp finds success at Lindenwood University

Former Central Eagle Jamison Kemp is settling into his freshman football season at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri. The 6-foot-2-inch defensive lineman graduated from Omaha Central last year after an explosive season with 32 tackles. He received offers from Southern Illinois, Southeast Missouri Stat and Lindenwood University, which he ultimately decided to attend. 

Kemp’s Lindenwood season has been quiet so far, but he expressed that he was very happy to be receiving playing time as a freshman. The Lindenwood Lions have played a 3-6 season as of early November, coming off of a 3-game losing streak. 

Before making a college decision, Kemp attended the Six Star Nebraska Showcase in 2021, where he trained with and competed against other Nebraska football players to grow as a player and attract interest from college coaches. Not long after, he was contacted by three schools offering him the chance to play football for them. Kemp chose Lindenwood. 

“Lindenwood felt like home and the coaches treated me and still treat me like their own son,” Kemp said. 

Off the field, Kemp is majoring in sports management, and he is adjusting academically as well as athletically. He expressed that classes are lighter than some he took in high school, but that the concepts are more difficult to grasp. Nevertheless, he attributes part of his college success to his time at Central High School. 

“I use the value of hard work that I developed at Central, and I use it here every day!” he said.