Juniors reflect on ACT prep in class

On the second week of February students were required to take an online ACT prep in all their required classes during class. Student first took the test in their English class, then their science class, then your math class and finally English class again but for the reading test. 

It was taken on an app or website which is like the real ACT test but online and gave them a score at the end giving them an indication on their expected scores. The Register asked juniors for their opinion on the online ACT prep since they are required to take the real ACT test in April.  The students asked were junior Hattie Moeller, junior Roberto Campos Ortega, and junior Ricardo Ic Vasquez.  

Moeller thought the online ACT prep went well and was glad she got to practice one last time before the real test. “I’m glad we got to do it in class so that it wasn’t homework because I think I would have procrastinated it and not done it if it was homework,” Moeller said. She was glad it didn’t take time out of her own day so she could put her whole focus on it efficiently. 
Ortega also thinks it went well and was glad that he got to do the online ACT prep but thinks he could have put more effort and prepared more so he wasn’t really proud of his score. “I’m going to be honest this ACT prep I didn’t prepare as much but I’m ready for what I need to remember in lessons I need to acquire in order to get a great score for my future,” Ortega said. He thinks it helped him know in what areas he should practice more in and what skills he should develop for the real test.  

Ic also was glad he was able to take the online ACT prep because it helped him know what the real thing is like. “I think it was helpful and kind of reminding since I took the paper pre-ACT,” Ic said. He was glad that there were many options to prepare for the real ACT with many different practices. 

All think it is preparing them for the real ACT and helps them know what they should focus on more.  Campos thinks it helps show different strategies like eliminating choices and obtaining information fast.  

Ic agreed and also say how it is giving him an idea of what the test will be like and not seeing it as just a waste of a whole class period. “These practices are actually helpful instead of a waste of time,” Ic said. They all think that it is helping them for April and are glad they got to prepare one last time and know what they should work on for the real ACT. 

All were also proud of their scores and showing no regret for how it went. Ic especially was glad that it shows them a score and a range of what they are expected to get. “I don’t know if I’ll get a similar score but I’m sure it gives me an indicator that I am improving and getting ready for the real thing,” Ic said. They all think they are improving and know in what subjects to study in and make sure to be more determined for the real test in April.