The Register

The Register

The Register

Joslyn Museum to open in September

Rendering+Courtesy+of+Moare+
Rendering Courtesy of Moare

The Joslyn Art Museum will be reopening on Sept. 10, 2024, with a new addition and new brand modeling.  

Joslyn is using the renovation for a full modernization, including the launch of a new website.  

New extended hours have been made, which include late nights on Wednesdays and Thursdays where they will be open until 8 p.m.  

Physically, the Joslyn added 42,000 square feet for the Rhonda & Howard Hawks Pavilion. This Pavilion was designed in collaboration with Snøhetta and Alley Poyner Macchieto Architecture. This area expands the amount of gallery space and will help the museum hold long-term art but also feature temporary exhibits.  

On opening day, four temporary exhibits will be on display. They includeClément Cogitore,” which is an art form that is in both cinema and photography. This exhibit examines rituals and memory. The second exhibit is Eva Lewitt’s work of sculptures and installations. The third is “Kehinde Willey: Omaha,” which shows second-generation South Sudanese immigrants who live in Omaha. Lastly, there will be the “Ed Ruscha: Paper” exhibit, which is a celebration of his work by his use of images and text.  

Admission to the museum is always free, but ticketed exhibitions will cost $10. There will be multiple occasions where these exhibitions will be free. 

Once the museum opens, Central students can interact with different art forms after school hours and field trips to the museum.  

“We are looking forward to welcoming Central High students, teachers and staff over to the Museum,” said Director of Marketing & Public Relations Amy Rummel.