Students should focus on education, not pursuing love

October 1, 2015

or students, high school consists of four solid years that should be spent studying, testing and learning. These three key items are the most imperative aspects of high school, but fellow peers fail to see these things as an important part of the equation to success.

Those who choose a different path make a decision to follow a dark one, the route of acting out in Public Display of Affection (PDA).

Not only is this behavior not enjoyable to look at, but they also poorly affect those participating. Instead of displaying their love for one another, the two could be walking and talking about their next class engaging their brains more to further advance their learning experiences at school. Many PDA participants wonder why they cannot seem to salvage a passing grade, and this is why.

The love that is shown for the whole world to see, affects others too. Once in a while, PDA leads to extensive hugging which, in result, crowds the halls.

With only five minutes for students to make a trek from the basement to the fourth floor for math class, we do not have ample time for roadblocks. As a result, the innocent student becomes late.

Frequently, the peers who are involved with PDA have issues with tardies.

Probably the most frequent issue that a student finds themselves in is a teacher either asking or taking their phone away.

Eliminating high school relationships would solve part of this problem, because people text back their significant other in class.

Without the temptation of texting or messaging a partner in class, phones would become much less of a problem. As well as the amount of offenses that a student finds a way to get in trouble.

Students may find that being single can be much more of an enjoyable experience. It provides opportunities for enriching one’s mind through academics. With college on the horizon, most couples avoid the topic of what they will do after high school, and the truth is they do not wish to even think about it.

The percentage in which high school sweethearts marry one another is slim to none. High school is a time to figure out your life, not spend it with a relationship that will probably not last.

To save heartaches and headaches, high school students need to find their own identity and friends to have a stable experience that will lead to a successful four years of preparation.

High school is only for four years, but that does not mean that it should be enjoyed just for one purpose. Reasons such as morals are developed and who someone decides to be with for their life. Friends are developed in this era of life.

Temptation rules many people’s actions, and the appeal of being in the group of friends that looks to be the most highly thought of is apparent in many people’s lives. Dating a way that some satisfy this.

Many believe that if they were to date someone from this group, then they automatically are invited, but this is not true. Once the couple no longer exists, the sought after group will neglect and forget.

Personally, my experiences with relationships have failed. I have learned bits and pieces of what to do from them.

Looking back, they were foolish, the relationship never had a solid foundation so there was no possible way for anything to be built on top without the bottom giving way.

Most relationships before adulthood end before a quarter of a year even comes around.

If it were not for the learning experience, dating would bring about no other point other than being gross with PDA, clogging hallways and distracting hardworking students from school.

$975
$1500