Fall Activities

Summer transitioned to fall in what seems like the blink of an eye. In the midst of the fall season, people are constantly searching for activities to do. And though Omaha is by no means a big city, there is still a ton of festive things to do that are both fun and in season.
A great way to start off fall is by carving pumpkins. Most people associate this with Halloween specifically, but they can be used as decorations long past the spooky holiday. Pumpkin patches are a plenty in Omaha and the surrounding areas and suburbs. Some of the patches include Wenninghoff Farm, Bellevue Berry and Pumpkin Farm and Valas Pumpkin Patch. Not only can the pumpkins be carved in decorative fashions, but many bake the seeds that are found inside.
Another fall activity to do is volunteering at a homeless shelter or donating to those in need. Obviously it’s colder in the late months of the year, and many people are in need of coats or a warm meal. Not only would this make you feel better, but it would significantly brighten someone else’s day. And as a bonus, seniors can get National Honors Society Hours. Some soup kitchens to volunteer in and donate to includes the Open Door Mission, the Heartland Hope Mission and the Sienna Francis House.
When November comes to mind, most people think of food. There is plenty to bake in this season that is both festive and fun to make. Now is a great time to make pies, such as pumpkin and sweet potato. Warm homemade baked cookies also fit into this season, as do pumpkin flavored baked goods. Recipes are aplenty, and can be found on websites such as Pinterest. And for those who don’t have the time or the desire to make the hearty fall foods themselves, Omaha is full of restaurants that will do the job.
Similar to food, Omaha has a lot to offer when it comes to coffee shops. There are a ton of local coffeeshops that serve drinks specifically catered to fall, such as apple or pumpkin flavored. In the Benson area, some of the coffeeshops include Aromas and Omaha Bicycle Company. In Dundee, there is Blue Line Coffee and Caffeine Dreams. Downtown has coffeeshops such as Urban Abbey’s and Sozo. Each of these will provide a warm environment and seasonal drinks.
Yet another fall activity is shopping. As November goes on, Christmas draws nearer, and the time for giving gifts is upon us. Therefore, a trip to the outlet mall in Gretna or Westroads mall can lead someone to shop for their loved ones at chain stores, or the option of shopping a locally owned boutiques and shops is available as well.
So if an effort is made, it is possible to have a good time in Omaha during the fall season. Through giving, shopping and eating, there is enough to do to keep anyone occupied.

$975
$1500