Top ten reasons to thank your teachers

1. Common Courtesy

It is common courtesy to say thank you when someone has done a kindness for you. It also shows respect and acknowledges that you didn’t learn the material and pass all on your own. It shows that you have manners.

1. It makes an impression

Saying thank you to your teachers with repetition goes beyond common courtesy. It shows that you genuinely care and appreciate the effort the effort, time, and love they are pouring into you and the rest of the class.

1. They could make much more money doing something else

“Teachers are underpaid,” is a fact most students know, but few really consider. Your teacher could be out make twice as much money they are making now. They are giving up money, for themselves and their families, to help the future generation- you.

1. They manage a lot of work for you

Teachers also deal with a lot of work. Some teachers deal with grading homework assignments every day for seven classes. Others spend time carefully going through your tests, quizzes, and themes so you can get the best grade. Someone, other than family, should acknowledge their hard work.

1. They read your handwriting

Many students, probably you as well, have some sort of problem with your handwriting. Some write tiny, other write messy, and another write in incomprehensible cursive. All of these types of writing a teacher must deal with, and they do so pretty well, considering they grade all your work.

1. Better Parent-Teacher Conference Reviews

Flattery works on almost everyone, including yourself. For example, if a teacher gives you a high grade, you are more likely to regard them in a more positive light. Teachers are the same. Acknowledging the care, time and work they put in can help their perception of you.

1. It will change your perspective

Gratitude has been proven to help improve happiness, healthiness, and outlook on life. You are less likely to be depressed if you give thanks for something (Huffingtonpost.com). By thanking your teacher, school will be more enjoyable- less like a chore and more like a gift.

1. They are there almost everyday

Just as students don’t always want to go to school, teachers don’t either. And yet, most days they are there bright and early, and stay longer than you ever will. They put in a lot of their time and effort to be a present and reliable adult in your life.

1. They care about you

No teacher, unless they are retiring, stays in the profession unless they love students. Even if you have a hard time connecting with them, they still value you and your work- and it shows. Teachers will go through your work and check to make sure you are given the grade you have worked for and often raise it a bit higher. It is also evident as they offer help before and after school, and answer your emails.

1. They go above and beyond

Not all teachers do this, but most do. They give their 110% to help you learn and grow in your high school career. They may spend money on supplies in the classroom, steal so you can have the best books, and spend extra time so you can have an intriguing lesson.

All in all, teachers do a lot of work for students, most of which is unrecognized. By saying thank you, you can help you and your teachers in more ways than one. So next time class ends, say thank you

$975
$1500