EXPOSING COCO KEY

When I was 15 I got my first job at an indoor waterpark called Coco key Water Resort which at the time was owned by Ramada. In my nine months working at the resort I experienced many unpleasant situations which I feel the need to share with others.
I didn’t think I could get a job many places especially at the age of 15 or get many hours of work on my check. I thought wrong, at this facility they hired me at the age of 15 without a work permit at first then proceeded to let me work more than 20 hours every two weeks. Although at the time I didn’t know that there was a law that prohibited kids at that age to let them work a specific amount of time, which was never mentioned.
My job in the water resort was to be a lifeguard (which I was never trained for) and help out hand out towels, which is what I signed up for at the resort. What I did not sign up for is after closing the water park at 9 on the weekdays and 10 on the weekends was staying another two hours after or until midnight cleaning up and the bathrooms and the disgusting mess the customers would leave behind. You would think they would have hired janitors to do a professional job of cleaning and not a group of 15-year old’s. They had us cleaning the park in the most unsanitary way which leads me to the next topic.
The water park is disgusting, the moment you step into the resort you are overwhelmed with the scent of chlorine. Working at the water park we constantly received complaints of kids having headaches from the strong scent of chlorine. I often during the winter had headaches when I worked double shifts from standing in the park all day. The restrooms were filthy and always had at least two broken or clogged. The towels I’m pretty sure were immune to diseases that were being spread at some point from being washed so many times. Walking barefoot around the water park could cause some serious infections on your feet or some fungus, they should really put danger signs around the parks or at least disclaimers.
Working at the resort could at least provide the employees with some benefits right? Wrong. The only thing we could do was get three free passes a month that are only valid on Thursdays and that’s it. We weren’t allowed any food or drinks from the cove. We only had a 15 –20-minute break during our long 8-hour shifts. They treated the employees so badly.

The nine months that I worked at Coco Key I was never trained and worked in area where there needed to be certified life guards. The whole place was ran badly, there was always problems with managers and employees. The way everything was handled was very unprofessional.
Overall close this place down and send me my compensation check please.

$975
$1500