Top 5 shows to binge watch on snow days

1. Brooklyn Nine-Nine –  This cop comedy can make the most bored teenager smile. The style of humor is such that it’s nearly stupid in a way only comparable to Saturday Night Live. Following NYPD detective Jake Peralta (Andy Samberg) and his associates, Brooklyn Nine-Nine manages to be funny while touching on some serious issues like police brutality and equality. With strong female and LGBT characters, it challenges the image of a traditional cop show. 
  2. Parks and Recreation – No matter how many times you’ve watched it or how many episodes you can quote, some shows just get better upon returning. This witty sitcom circles around Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), an over-enthusiastic government worker, and those who work in her department. This sitcom is full comedy that makes your sides hurt, but doesn’t lack the emotion that pulls the show together. While some of the characters can be rather one-dimensional, the show makes up for it with a plot that leads to ultimate satisfaction and true feelings of empathy when the characters’ goals are achieved. 
  3. Stranger Things – Well raved about all over social media, Stranger Things is the Netflix original that has taken the world by storm. Set in 1980’s, this sci-fi show follows 4 children in a search to find their missing friend, not knowing that there is more to their small town and the power company that took root there. A shift from the sitcoms and comedies that are usually thought of as binge watching material, Stranger Things was practically made to be watched one episode after another. A word of caution, however, as this may not be as relaxing of a show as you might want and it does require a large amount of attention to fully comprehend the plot. If you’re willing to put in the effort, though, the suspenseful plot and characters are worth it. 
  4. The Office – While originally a British sitcom, The Office took America by storm in the mid-2000’s. The show is based around a paper sales department and their untraditional boss (Steve Carell). While the show has been largely praised for its comedy and characters, it can, at times, be rather subpar and just boring. The characters are all rather one-noted, though the producers tried to make up for it with a well-known cast. However, most of the time the sitcom lives up to its hype. Returning watchers be warned, though; it’s just not the same the second time around. 
  5. Merlin – A BBC original, Merlin can bring out the English buff in any of us. Set in Camelot and following the adventures and tasks of a young Merlin (Colin Morgan), this show combines comedy, action and English lore in the best way possible. Fast-paced and suspenseful, it makes for a great binge-watching show. While the 10-year-old CGI can distract from the plot and many of the actors did the show before hitting their prime, it remains a great show for anyone with an interest in Arthurian legend. 

$975
$1500