Con: Draft opinion

May 10, 2018

Physically, women’s bodies do not compare to men. On average women have 40 percent less upper body and 33 percent lower body strength than men. The military has stated that they will accept women to be in combat positions only if they meet the standards. Although some women have met and exceeded these expectations, most cannot. In one study, they found that out of 24 women trying out for the rifleman position, only two could complete the training. Secondly, men and women combined tend to be outperformed by all male teams, according the Marine Corps. They stated that all male squads were faster, had better accuracy, received less injuries, and 15% less capacity for anaerobic power and capacity. All in all, when women are put into combat they do not perform as well as men. And if women are drafted into the military, America’s army will have lowered its standard.

Over 70 percent of people say that being able to support a family financially is important for a man. Why is that? Because it is the man providing for the women. According to how humans were made, men are meant to protect and provide for women, while women were made to help and assist man. This has been such since the beginning of time. As I have said in previous articles, this does not mean that men and women are not equal, it just means they play different roles. If women were to be drafted, gender roles being messed up, as it would be the woman fighting for the family instead of the man.

Finally, if women were also drafted, who would stay behind to keep the world running? In WW2, when much of the male sex was sent off to war, women worked to keep the economy running. They were mothers, cooks, workers, managed the finances, and wrote letters to their husbands. Without women being at home, who would take care of America? Children would lose many of their parents and role models, the economy would fall apart, and more people would end up dying.

Women being in the military draft would not be a good idea because women are weaker than men, men are meant to provide and protect women, and if both sexes were drafted there would be no one left.

$975
$1500