Finding her voice: freshman songwriter’s music reaches beyond Omaha

September 3, 2018

Omaha cannot get enough of the young singer/songwriter Grace Titus. The R&B, acoustic- loving and authentic-style artist enjoys sharing her talents with her audiences. She has performed around the city at different bars, restaurants, and events that are brought to life by a little music. After singing in musicals and other performances her entire life, Titus has come to Central to embrace her talents and grow as an individual. Titus says that she loves to sing and act because she likes to, “Be able to express herself in a way that is more meaningful than just using words.”  

Without a group to play and collaborate with, Titus works according to her own schedule. Because she’s 14, Titus must find harmony between school, music, friends, and extracurriculars. She loves singing but has decided that she must put school first so that she can set herself on the right track for a successful future. Titus wants to incorporate music into whatever career she ends up choosing to pursue and will always value the role music has played in her life. 

Although Titus loves the performing arts, she is also a celebrated softball player, and this can make living her dream a little harder. Titus is the JV starting pitcher at Central and reveals that she often finds herself choosing between softball and music. Titus tries to live with a healthy balance between the two, but it proves to be an arduous lifestyle. Living the double life is made possible with the support of her incredible family. Grace’s parents and two younger sisters help her to do what she loves every day of her life. “My biggest supporters are my family members,” says Titus, “They help me continue to improve and grow as an artist every day and they always have my back.” 

When Titus travelled to Nashville about a year ago to work with other artists on some original music, she really began to write a lot more of her own songs. She worked with some amazing people to make equally amazing songs that are loved and appreciated by many different people around Omaha. Grace has worked with a couple different musical groups, but she would love the opportunity to work with more bands and sing in more musicals. When discussing her most recent gig at the B-Side in Benson Grace states, “I love performances because I love sharing a special connection with the audience.” 

Titus is a very devoted musician influenced by inspirational female musicians as well as her loved ones. Her one piece of advice for other aspiring artists out there is to, “Be completely and utterly authentic. Although it’s cheesy, it is the only way you will truly be confident in your craft and continue to pursue it. You have to be strong enough to stick to being who you are.”

$975
$1500