Lacrosse Club

With the rising popularity of lacrosse all over the United States it’s no surprise that Central High School would partake in the sport. One of the sponsors for the lacrosse club would be Jenna Saraka a math teacher here at Central who grew up playing goalie and defense in lacrosse in New Jersey then continued playing up until her freshman year of college in Dubuque, Iowa at Loras College. The other sponsor of the club is Charlie Dinnel who is a US certified coach.
Charlie first reached out to Saraka to start the club at central because his daughter would be attending next year for her freshman year. His daughter currently plays lacrosse outside of school, so he thought it would be a good idea to incorporate it into school. Ironically Saraka wanted to start the club last year but did not go through with it because it was her first-year teaching at cental and wanted to become a strong first year teacher before getting involved with anything.
The club would be an all-girls team with all levels of players being able to join. This school year she wants the girls to become comfortable with the sticks and gear while knowing the fundamentals of the game. Eventually Saraka wants the club to become and official sport at central the 2019- 2020 school year.
Once the club becomes established and officially turns into a popular sport at central, Saraka they’ll be able to introduce the sport at other school eventually all play against each other. For now, they’ll just play against each other, run drills and learn the game.
Currently they’re still in the planning stage of the club so the location of practice and the club grant for the funding of the sport is pending. The grant provides 30 lacrosse sticks, two-dozen soft practice balls and small goals.
Saraka hopes to set up a table at lunch to have girls come up and sign for the spring 2019 club. A lot of girls seem to be excited and interested to join the game already she stated. She is expecting to have a club of 15-30 girls. Saraka is ready to jump right into and familiarize cental with the game of lacrosse.

$975
$1500