Sexism proves ignorant, outdated

An “ism” is defined as a distinctive practice, system, or philosophy. While politics often work their way into everyday societal interactions, the isms that I will cover throughout the year have to do with prejudice or negative ideas about a certain group of people. Sexism is one of the most prominent isms in contemporary Society. It is known as the prejudice and discrimination on the basis of sex that is typically against women but can sometimes be against men.
From the end of the 20th century to the current time period, the use of the term sexism has vastly growing in popularity and recognition. Although the awareness of sexism in society has grown, it is its importance has remained at a constantly high level. Equality among genders is relevant yet not as prevalent as it should be.
An example of an advantage that is taken of women is known as the pink tax. The pink tax occurs when toiletries or female-oriented products have a higher price than the equivalent male product, purely because of its feminine nature or additional bells and whistles to draw in feminine desire. The pink tax exploit females through the societal expectation of women to be more complicated into want a product that is more girly.
Additional discrimination against women occurs throughout individual and institutional boundaries. And the workplace, women are often treated as inferior. Solely on the basis of their sex, women are more likely to be disregarded or not taking us seriously after giving their opinion or ideas. This leads to the process of mansplaining. This process occurs when the thought of superiority causes a man to explain situations to a woman in an authoritative yet unneeded manner.
Additionally, the New York Times published an article titled “Is there a man I can speak to?” that focuses on the struggle for female equality in the workplace. As a suggested in the title, it explains the prominence of the situation in which women are asked to hand their phone to a supervisor or the “Man in Charge” during business calls. This not only degrades women, but also shows how uneducated our modern society can be.
Because of these institutional and individual problems for women, feminists have created a significant movement with the goal of gender equality. The reverse of traditional sexism is not widely recognized, but when feminism turns women into people who believe in female superiority, progress is hard to achieve.
Overall, equality can only be achieved through the realization of cohesive human ideals. We may not all think the same or live the same, but we are all part of the same Society. Being a woman, man, or neither does not define one’s intellectual ability or potential. It is immensely important that the population is educated enough to understand and hopefully turn from the dated ways of superiority and gender roles.
A woman’s place is not restricted to “the house” watching children and doing dishes, but rather to create her own version of a successful life in which she can contribute to society as much as any other person. True equality between genders would be a step to actually making America great.

$975
$1500