Central employs new head engineer

The lights, internet and cleanliness at Central normally goes unnoticed, but there is a very dedicated team that oversees this work at Central- the engineering department. Chad Knot has recently been hired as the new head engineer at Central and works to make sure the school is kept to its normal standards.  

While they are not often talked about, without the custodial and engineering teams at Central, the school would be unable to function. This team is responsible for maintaining the property surrounding central, making sure the lights, plumbing and other needed utilities are taken care of and in general making sure the school stays clean. This is a nearly impossible job working at a school with 2600 students.  

“There are multiple jobs as head engineer. It is overseeing the custodial staff and that they are all doing their jobs,” Knott said, “It is also taking care of the strainers and filters for the air conditioning, taking care of yard, and making sure all the equipment is taken care of, taking care of varsity football games and making sure they have coverage, would be a really basic overview of what we do.” 

There are many reasons why Knott enjoys working at Central. The atmosphere and attitudes of many of the people at Central and working with a large group of people that are appreciative and excited to be working at the school is only one of them. Knott said, “I have been around a lot within the district. I have been to a lot of different high schools, and the tradition at Central is something special. I am very happy to be a part of it, and it is my favorite part of working here.” 

However, not everything about the job is always great. Making sure everyone is happy at a school of 2600 students and 250 staff is nearly impossible, and this can make working the job a lot more difficult. Despite these struggles, Knott still enjoys working at Central. Knott said, “There are eighteen of us on staff and there are nearly 250 staff members, lots of students, and many community residents. Making sure the facilities are top notch and within the standards that have been set for years can be difficult.” 

When not working Knott enjoys spending time with his children. Knott said, “I have two boys, and any time I can spend with them, hanging out or doing anything, would be my favorite thing.”  

Knott and the Central High engineering staff are working hard to make sure the school is in top condition and the school is functional. While most of their job is not in the limelight, the engineers like Knott work to make sure Central will be able to function every day.  

Knott said, “My favorite part is comradery.  Being a part of the crew, staff and administration that takes such pride in the facilities and traditions is really neat. I really enjoy being a part of the family and being an eagle.” 

$975
$1500