Raya Interview

December 20, 2018

On November 14 Raya O’Neal signed to Dominican University in River Forest, Illinois. She would be continuing her soccer career as well as her academic journey there.
Raya started playing soccer at age 3, she also played basketball and track up until 8th grade but wanted to focus on one sport in high school which ended up being soccer. She chose soccer because she has always loved the competitiveness and how happy the sport made her. She has met some of her childhood best friends and has made some of the best memories playing the sport. Raya has been playing soccer for Central since her freshmen year, starting on varsity and has remained a starter for the team. She mainly plays right or left outside back defender for the team.
Raya chose Dominican University because she fell in love with the school and felt right at home when she visited the university. It was the perfect fit for her she said, it has a smaller class size, very diverse student body and faculty very similar to Central. Raya has always been interested in the fashion industry, so she is going to major in in fashion merchandising. Conveniently, her college is located 20 minutes outside the downtown Chicago area. This will provide her with great internships and work experience for her major.
Raya felt this school offered her the best academic programs and opportunities for the specific career field she wants to enter compared to schools in Nebraska, being recruited to play soccer was just a bonus for her. While pursuing fashion merchandising she wants to explore possible careers in styling, visual merchandising and being a fashion buyer for major companies.
This college has offered Raya the highest financial aid packages they offer based on her 4.1 GPA, she is continuing to apply for many scholarships. Raya is excited to continue playing at Dominican university and is looking forwards to all the new opportunities.

$975
$1500