Bandersnatch Review

February 14, 2019

Recently Netflix released a new interactive stand-alone film titled Black Mirror: Bandersnatch. This film is not part of the series but incorporates several of the series references.
The film is set in the 1980s and follows Stefan, a young video game programmer. Stefan is creating a video game which is based on a novel of the same name. Stefan begins to question reality when he begins to have weird vivid dreams. Stefan begins to study the author of the novel and proceeds to find out unsettling information about the author such as he went crazy and killed his wife. As the movie continues the viewers get to decide all of Stefan’s decision, although some might seem insignificant, they depict the outcome of the movie for you. The movie has various outcomes for each choice, the movie can be different each time the viewers watches.
The film is exciting, bringing a new way to capture the audience’s attention and retain it throughout the film. Bringing in much more new fans to the movie as well as the series. This thought-provoking film is innovative and entertaining to watch multiple times. It can be depicted as one of the most disturbing black mirrors plots but certainly the most interesting.Even on social media, the movie has received lots of positive feedback. Although only receiving a 74% on rotten tomatoes and a 7.4 out of 10 on IMDB.
The film can also be depicted as too complex for some viewers with all the choices available to viewers or seen as gimmicky when watching it. At times viewers can feel very lost resulting to them being uninterested. The plot can get mixed up throughout the film but in the end they successfully delivered a fun and intriguing movie.
Fans are looking forward to the fifth season of black mirror, rumors are saying the season will incorporate references of the movie this time. Release dates have not yet been announced but fans are expecting it to be soon due to the filming of the series being done alongside if the movie.
Black Mirror has brought a creative way of watching and interacting with the audience to Netflix. Essentially changing the game for movie makers and introducing a new way to provoke people. This is not the beginning of original content being produced by black mirror and won’t be the last.

$975
$1500