The Kardashian’s Unspoken Advantages

March 26, 2019

The Kardashians and Jenners are public figures and who are essentially known for their scandals over the past decade. Within their initial rise to fame, they were constantly scrutinized for their lack of talent and being “famous for merely existing. But as the years went on, the public began to view them as more of an inspiration than an example of being born with a silver spoon in your mouth. For example, people consistently praise their mother Kris Jenner for turning her 6 children into some of the most successful people in our society today. The Kardashians are now a household name due to their success and being able to turn their family drama into wealth and lifetime prosperity.  

There is no denying the fact that sometimes who you know is more important than what you know. Networking has been a tactic and useful tool that people have used forever rather than be in the business realm or creating relationships. Those who aspire to rise to the amount of fame that the Kardashians have often feel that as long as they have a connection within the industry that they could essentially become famous. For instance, Kendall Jenner is constantly critiqued for her modeling career. Anyone with any sort of experience within the modeling industry would be glad to share their opinions on her talent such as they fact that she simply needs to work on basic factors like her ‘walk.’ Although it is commonly known that Kendall is not the best at walking, that does not deter from the fact that she is one of the highest paid models in the world. In fact, she continues to work with some of the most prestigious and famous brands and designers in the world. Many people realize that this is not coincidental, but rather she is able to get these opportunities due to the fact that her mother is an amazing woman who is able to network her way through anything that she desires. Even though it is very unfair that the people with true talent have to work harder than those who are healthy with connections, that is simply how the world unfortunately works.  

Many people see their own opportunity for fame through the use of social media. They have the mentality that as long as they post consistent and trendy pictures on Instagram, that they will be able to gain a following and start to earn money through the app. Although there is nothing wrong with wanting to get recognition and bring in extra income, people should want to work harder for the things that they havewhich includes actual work. People such as YouTubers do so much more than simply taking a photo and editing it. Rather, their editing and work takes days to perfect and they should be recognized for their hard work and dedication to creating. But, people who think that their appearance should be the factor that rises them to fame should become more in touch with reality and try to focus on more important things going on in the world.  

Stemming from the fact that people want to become famous like their family, they must realize the fact that they have the opportunities that they have due to their last name. Their name is essentially a brand in which they use to capitalize on, which is both intelligent and unfair. For example, there was a lot of controversy in July of 2018 when Kylie Jenner was the cover of Forbes magazine and entitled a “self-made woman.” It was reported that her net worth was around 900 million dollars due to her cosmetics brand. Many people felt that someone who was already a millionaire before starting their business should not be categorized as a “selfmade woman” which has the connotation that she worked hard and came from nothing to have the wealth that she has now. Regardless of what people think about Kylie personally, her cosmetics line definitely sells. Each new product she releases is immediately out of stock, which she tends to take advantage of. She sells her sub-par products for a much higher price due to the fact that she knows that people will still be eager to purchase it because to her name. For instance, her brand has constantly dealt with complaints such as empty highlighter pans, half-filled liquid lipsticks and default brushes. But rather than use her millions to make sure that her products are of luxury quality to match her prices, she instead just releases it to the public anyways. Also, instead of providing a refund to her customers, she just releases statements along the lines of “the next release will be better, don’t worry. She knows that people will always continue to give her brand another chance due to her name, so she just continues to sell expensive and basic products.  

Not only are the Kardashians guilty of editing their photographs on social media, but so are many other social media influencers. This may come across as reckless and important, but this unfortunately has negatively impacted the lives of many young men and woman around the world. People will see these unrealistic photographs with small waists and round derrières and think that, in order for them to be considered “attractive,” they must do the same. 

$975
$1500