Dapper dudes: summer attire

March 25, 2019

Spring has sprung and summer is coming; warmer weather is soon to strike in Omaha. As winter is fleeting, more appropriate clothing is necessary for comfort throughout the summer season. It is time to exchange hot, thick wool sweaters for lighter, more breathable materials. Because comfort and confidence are so important in the way a person dresses, one needs to be aware of different materials and styles that work well in the summer.  

Fabric is important when cleaning out one’s wardrobe for the summer season. When adding new pieces to one’s wardrobe, a person must analyze the material and evaluate whether the article of clothing is practical. The universality of fabrics like cotton can be confusing. Holding a material up to light can help one determine whether a fabric will be breathable or not. If light can be seen through the fabric, it is loosely knit and will be breathable. If light is barely visible or not visible, in general, the material is knit tightly and will not be as comfortably breezy as other materials. 

For a person who is very sweaty, different measures can be taken to avoid the visibility of sweat stains. Of course, darker colors make it harder for people to distinguish sweat stains, but darker colors also attract more heat, causing a person to sweat even more. If a person wants to avoid the embarrassment of sweat stains, he or she should find clothing that is more breathable. A person could also try wearing lighter colors, like pastels or warmer shades, to steer the glare of the sun in another direction. 

One’s summertime closet should include breathable clothing made from materials including linen, cotton, rayon and blended fabrics. Because of the loose knit fashion in which these fabrics are constructed, they allow more air to pass through. Some materials to avoid in the heat are wool, fleece, cotton, leather and polyester. Cotton is listed as both a fabric to trust and a fabric to trash during the summer because cotton can be used to make clothing for all seasons. 

Shorts help to cool down in the heat, but jeans/khakis are still stylish during the summer season. On cooler summer days, a classic tee or another interesting top can be paired with a pair of worn jeans or some other comfy pants. A light jacket or sweatshirt can also be paired with a pair of shorts on cooler summer days. Denim can be worn on top or bottom during the summer; jean jackets are currently popular and very practical for cool summer evenings over one’s chosen top to spice his or her outfit up a bit.  

Outfit inspiration can be found in nature, celebrities, music, one’s friends or anything else that encourages a person to wear something that gives him or her confidence and joy. Anyone can rock any outfit if they have confidence and feel good about what they are wearing. Summer is a time to be stress-free and to stay cool, comfy and confident in one’s self with the help of the outfits he or she wears. 

$975
$1500