Avengers Endgame

May 2, 2019

Spoiler Free 

Finally, the most awaited-for movie since the debut of Avengers: Infinity War, Endgame is here. The final movie in the Avengers series brings America’s favorite heroes’ home for good, after a 21-movie build up, providing a deeply emotional experience exploring love and loss, duty and loyalty, friendship and family.  

The overall atmosphere of the film is somber; with significantly less jokes in the darkness of the recent losses of the character’s friends and family; their grief impacting us even more than would be expected. The way Marvel balances the grief and the happiness truly restores all faith in tacky superhero movies; in short, Endgame is nearly perfect. Although there was concern about the ending of America’s beloved series following Disney buying Marvel, the conclusion leaves all in the theatre with mixed feelings of joy and heartbreak when the credits start to roll that will not be forgotten. There is a welcome focus on the original Avengers, despite the integration of The Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr. Strange, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel’s recent debut into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That’s not to say that they didn’t all get their time on screen; it is, after all, a three-hour movie. Each character and any loose ends are tied together flawlessly at the end, and character development as a whole leaves the audience wanting for nothing.  

Unlike all of Marvel’s other films, there is not an after-credit teaser scene, adding to the overarching feeling of finality. Marvel has not confirmed a continuation of the series, and it seems like the world would be at peace with the way things ended in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Rated highly on all popular medias of review sites, Endgame is a must see for everyone; if you can ever find tickets and good seats. 

$975
$1500