Music taste

September 3, 2019

Music likes and dislikes are constantly changing, so what does good music taste even mean? Billboard’s top 100 is constantly shifting every time someone downloads and listens to a song. These songs are repeated on the radio, making sure people have them memorized. Once that song is stuck in your head, you are never getting it out.  

Currently, the top five songs on Billboard’s top 100 are Bad Guy by Billie Eilish, “Senorita by Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, Old Town Road by Lil Nas, Truth Hurts by Lizzo and Talk by Khalid. 

Bad Guy by Billie Eilish is from her album When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go. The album was just released this year and was a hit right away. Her creepy voice, meaningful lyrics and scary beats was liked by many. The song has a record breaking 19-week run as number one song. This song, like the rest of the top five songs, was posted all over social media and heard on every radio. If a song is played so much around someone, then they are more likely to want to hear it again.   

If a song is upbeat and catchy, it has a chance at being a hit. Most songs being released today sound very similar. The basis of how good a sound really is depends on how often it’s played on the radio or other apps like Apple Music. Deciding if music taste is good or bad comes down to whether you listen to the same things as everyone else.  

$975
$1500