Central High senior signs with The University of St. Thomas for womens soccer

Elle Shaneyfelt is a senior who plays girls’ soccer. She recently signed with The University of St. Thomas for the sport. Shaneyfelt has been playing the sport since she was only six years old and says that she continues to love it. 

“I love soccer because it pushes me to work hard and perform well,” Shaneyfelt says. She has made most of her closest friends through her club team. 

Shaneyfelt says that there are positive and negative aspects of the sport.  

“The best part of playing soccer is being surrounded by a group of people who want to see you succeed in both life and on the field,” Shaneyfelt told, “The worst part of the sport is definitely when the refs decide to take the outcome of the game into their control.” 

Elle has some pointers for anyone who hopes to continue playing soccer, or any sport, in college. 

“Never settle for good enough, you just have to work hard and focus on your goals for the future,she advised. “I also think it’s good to remember that the best things come unexpectedly.”  

Although Shaneyfelt will be attending college on a sports scholarship for soccer, she will not continue to pursue it professionally. 

“It is very challenging to be able to make it to a professional team,” Shaneyfelt said when explaining why soccer is an especially hard sport to play professionally. 

“I am so excited to take the next step into playing collegiate soccer,” Shaneyfelt said 

$975
$1500