Why Should You Sleep?

Sleep is one of the first things given up when people have a lot to do. For example, teenagers should get 8 to 10 hours of sleep each night, but with how early school starts, homework, after school activities, work and home obligations, getting 8 to 10 hours can be nearly impossibleBefore people decide to give up sleep for homework or other obligations, they should know the benefits of sleep and the risks of not getting enough sleep. 

Sleep reduces stress. When someone has a lot going on, it will be better to sleep and wake up with less stress. Sleep also improves memory, which is important for school. Instead of staying up to study for a test, get some sleep and review once more in the morning. Making better decisions can also be traced to getting a healthy amount of sleep. Sleep also has benefits to a person’s health. Sleep can be a natural pain killerkeeps your heart healthy, lowers blood pressure and can give your immune system a boost.  

Not getting the healthy amount of sleep once or twice a week is not that bad but making it a habit to get 3 to 5 hours of sleep multiple times a week can be problematic. Sleep is the body’s natural restart button. Not getting good sleep can have long lasting effects on memory and brain function. Before deciding to skip sleep, think about sleep benefits. 

$975
$1500