My life with corona

April 3, 2020

Wow, what a time we’re living in. I never thought I would experience something as dramatic as the corona outbreak in my lifetime. This is the type of worldwide event you only read about or see in science fiction movies, not something you expect to happen. I feel like this has all happened so fast that I haven’t had time to properly digest what’s happening.  

I’m not a fan of online school so far. I feel trapped in my house and the cabin fever is high. I miss seeing my friends and going through my normal routine. I find it hard to motivate myself to do my school work when I’m alone in my room. Perhaps this would be more enjoyable if I could go to a coffee shop or restaurant to do homework, but unfortunately that is not doable at the moment 

Some of my teachers haven’t reached out on Teams yet, so I’m not sure what they are planning for online learning. I also find it difficult to teach myself new material. I really miss my creative classes like pottery and newspaper, because these classes help me think outside of the box and break some boundaries. Right now, the boundaries feel greater than ever. 

When I wrote the article about the threat of the coronavirus for the fourth issue, I really didn’t expect things to get this severe. When I wrote the article, there were only a few cases in the United States and few deaths worldwide. Now, it seems like everyone is thinking about the coronavirus at every moment. I know I can’t get it off my mind. It has affected my whole existence. The effects that it will have on the economy and the world for years to come is crazy to think about. I suppose this surreal existence is comparable to life after 9/11. Something new and unimaginable. But I have a feeling that even those who lived through the 9/11 attacks are experiencing new and crazy things. 

Boredom is already hitting hard. I have watched so many movies already. I’m trying to read a lot and write a lot too. I’m also listening to a lot of music, making friendship bracelets, and working out. Later today I’m going to dye my hair pink, because why the heck not. It’s not like anyone will see it, right? Anyway, I miss the normalcy of school and soccer. Wishing the virus will just disappear!  

$975
$1500