An Unpredictable College Football Season

With the recent announcement that the Big 10 will be participating in the 2020-2021 football season many football fans in the Midwest and eastern United States have rejoiced and circled the weekend of October 24th on their calendar. As a Nebraskan who does not cheer for the Huskers I care much less then others, but as a football fan am excited to see the schools of the Big 10 playing. The Big 10 has some interesting teams to watch this year so them being added back can shake up the field for many other schools who want to win it all.

The three schools I see as programs that can make some noise are Minnesota, Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin. Other schools have bowl game aspirations like Iowa, Illinois, Michigan, Michigan State and even Nebraska. Before the Big 10 cancelled fall sports Ohio State was the consensus favorite to win a national championship, and now with Shaun Wade announcing he will be rejoining Justin Fields and the Buckeyes they are probably the favorites again. The addition of the Big 10 schools to an already interesting college football year only adds to the fun.

The recent announcement of the Pac-12 joining in on the season does not add as much to the season as the Big 10’s announcement, but it does add another championship contender in Oregon. The Pac-12 recently announced that they are going to start playing football in early November and will be a welcome sight to all college football fans. If the Pac-12 lives up to there highest potential for the season, Oregon may be placed in the college football playoffs, and programs like Utah and Arizona state may be bowl game participants.

In conclusion, the addition to these two conferences to all ready hectic football season will only be a benefit for the consumer. If all goes well this season will end with one team being crowned a national champion. And maybe Nebraska can win more then 4 games this year.

$975
$1500