Pitch Review: Vegan friendly option in Dundee

September 28, 2021

Pitch is one of the many restaurants in the Dundee area, and is a good place for friends and family to gather.

The overall physical quality of the restaurant was a bit mixed. The dim lighting and seating gave off a relaxing vibe, but loud, obnoxious music was playing throughout my entirety of being there which made talking to people difficult. The music was too overwhelming and gave me a headache.

The restaurant was never packed when I was eating, so it never felt crowded. I also want to point out that there is a bar along the wall when first walking into pitch. This didn’t make it feel uninviting and I saw many families with children enjoying lunch.

The overall service was good. I got seated very quickly and our pizza came out in around 15-20 minutes. My waitress was very kind and checked in to see how I was doing often and was very helpful in deciding what to get.

I ordered the goat cheese studded peppadews as an appetizer first. This was my favorite dish I tried at the restaurant. The goat cheese was very rich, but the pepper and salad with balsamic vinegar balanced it out nicely. It was a decent price at $10 but it was overall very good and it would recommend it someone. I was not impressed with the pizza on the other hand. I got a half cheese half jalapeño, red onion, and spinach pizza with gluten free crust. It was way too expensive for what I got, coming in at $30 for a 13-inch pizza. The gluten free crust added $7 and each additional topping was $3 but it was not worth nearly that much based off of taste.

I would only recommend Pitch for drinking and appetizers.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500