Alamo combines enjoyable entertainment and tasty food

October 15, 2021

Going to see a movie at the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema is more than just a show- it is a luxurious and all-inclusive experience. Their motto is “best film, food, and drink all in one seat”, and I can assure that this holds true when taking a visit. 

Alamo has two locations in Omaha: Midtown and La Vista. I reviewed the La Vista location, but with the wonderful experience, I plan on taking a trip to the Midtown location soon. 

Upon entry, I was greeted by a friendly ticket-taker who directed me to my theatre. The lobby also showcased a poster of all the current films being shown in a calendar format, which I had never seen before. During the Halloween season, the Alamo will be showing plenty of classic horror films, as well as many new movies of other genres.  

I bought my ticket online and redeeming it at the entrance to my auditorium was quick and efficient. The theatre itself was spotlessly clean and the seats were noticeably comfortable, which added to the luxury of the whole experience. 

Soon after being led to my seat, a waiter came to take my drink order and guide me through the menu. Food and drink options were extensive, ranging from chips and queso to a Bavarian pretzel pizza. There were plenty of vegan, gluten-free, and vegetarian options, so there is no doubt that every attendee will find something they enjoy. For adults, the wine and cocktail menu was also extensive. 

I ordered a strawberry shake and french fries, both of which were delicious. My food came before the film had even begun. The pricing was decent as well, with my food costing $16 altogether. All sodas and popcorn came with endless refills, which also added to the value.  

The ease of payment was especially nice. I was able to pre-swipe my card and handle the transaction before the movie started, so I could focus solely on the film as the night progressed. If I needed any more food throughout the night, all I had to do was write my order on a slip of paper and a waiter would come by to assist me. I appreciated the attentiveness and friendliness of all the service during my time at the Alamo. 

Another notable element of this theatre is their no-texting-talking policy. Although all theatres have this policy in some form, the Alamo is extremely strict about having conversations and using phones during the movie. For this reason, it may not be the best option for families with young children who cannot adhere to these rules. 

For me, however, the Alamo provided a lovely experience. In terms of dine-in theatres, this was the best I have visited yet. The service was quick and helpful, and the atmosphere was welcoming. With a wide variety of films and food to choose from, the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema can surely provide enjoyable entertainment for everyone. 

$975
$1500

$975
$1500