Daily journal relieves stress, creative outlet

Last year, when I was only going to school half of the week, I decided to pick up journaling with all the extra time I was spending at home. Online classes were hard and everything seemed more stressful so I needed somewhere I could vent.

I first was recommend journaling by a friend, and initially I was hesitant to begin. It seemed silly at first and I saw my writing as unimportant. I often questioned if it would help or if I would make any progress, but now I would recommend journaling to everyone.

When I started, I didn’t imagine that It would have this much of an impact on me. I journal every night and try to write around 1-2pages. It’s not always about something serious, sometimes I just write about my day. Other days it’s the opposite and I pour everything I’m feeling onto the pages. I think that’s why I enjoy it so much because no matter what I can always rely on journaling to make me feel better.

Journaling is my way of meditating, and because of my consistent practice it’s improved many areas of my life.

It has benefited my communication skills, and helps with my anxiety. A lot of times I feel a weighted down by my worries, but by getting all of my emotions out on paper makes these negative feelings resolve themselves.

Along with this, I really feel like writing in my journal daily has improved my writing as a whole. My voice in papers has become more apparent after I picked up this hobby, along with my ability to write faster. When starting this hobby I never considered this aspect; I’m really grateful for it now and it’s another way it’s benefited me as a person.

Journaling helps me put thing into perspective. Many times, I feel myself writing more when I’m conflicted about a personal situation. It allows me to take a step back and put my thoughts all together. For me at least, writing has always been easier than talking. I think that’s another aspect I enjoy about it.  I find peace when I’m alone in my room, and I’m able to thoroughly analyze situations about my life.

When it’s tough for me to put my emotions into words, I resort to doodle journaling. It’s more lighthearted to draw what I’m feelings sometimes, but I still get the same results.

I would highly recommend either forms of journaling because of their many benefits. Without this, I don’t think I’d be able to manage all of my stress. I’m extremely grateful this form of meditation was recommended to me and I plan on practicing it for a long time.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500