SCBC is not your average neighborhood diner

SCBC, as the hot pink neon letters in the front window read, is a major upgrade on a neighborhood diner. With a wide variety of breakfast places, prepare to take a step up at this tiny midtown spot.

Saddle creek breakfast club is just off the roundabout near the Homy Inn. The restaurant itself is small, but the parking lot is even smaller, with only around five spots. You might need to prepare for a short walk, but it’s definitely worth it.

The restaurant itself is small, it only sits around 40 people. Both times I visited I had to sit outside, normally this wouldn’t be a bad thing but in forty degree weather it’s not the best of circumstances. Remember to bring jackets and wear lots of layers if you plan on visiting anytime soon.

The first thing I tried was the Vegan Banana Bread French toast. I’ve heard a lot of people rave about this dish, and it lived up to the hype. It had the perfect light and fluffy texture with an almost crisp exterior. Served with a mixture of berries, coconut whip, preserves and just the right amount of syrup that melts into the toast as it sits. It’s sweet but not in an overwhelming way, and that makes it impossible to stop eating.

Next up for tasting was the Cali Club: an egg sandwich on a buttery croissant, also featuring bacon, avocado and their own sauce. I decided to add a side of hash browns as well. This slight spin on a classic egg sandwich was super delicious and a safer option for less adventurous eaters like me. I would highly recommend ordering this off their menu. They brought out a variety of hot sauces which were all super delicious.

Along with my two dishes I ordered a cup of coffee, which was perfect for the cold weather. They have a breakfast club blend, and an assortment from amateur coffee. It’s really nice to see how they included other local businesses as well, and gives this elevated diner a more personal touch.

Not only was the staff super attentive and friendly, but the atmosphere at SCBC is a lot of fun. For being so small, it’s so vibrant. They always have super fun soundtracks playing that really brighten up the mood.

Drawing in a midsize crowd during the week, the wait in the weekends can be up to an hour or more. The dinning room doesn’t take reservations, and again seating is limited so definitely try this place out when you have some extra time.

I found little, in fact almost nothing, to dislike about SCBC. If you’ve been looking for a new restaurant with great food to check out, look no further than this tiny midtown location.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500