Vaccines are effective and should be treated as such

Free education is one of the greatest privileges a person in the United States has. Influential and historical figures such as Ruth Bader Ginsburg were given the right to a free education. With this education, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and many other historical figures, such as Roxanne Gay, play a part in creating or keeping the feminist movement alive. These women made history with a public school education. The Covid-19 vaccine should be implemented for there to remain a safe and successful learning environment. Depriving students of a safe public education due to not getting a safe and approved vaccine is selfish and contributing to the downfall of the United States.  

The Covid-19 vaccine should be mandated because teachers are already beginning to see the harmful effects the virus has put on earning. Millions of schools across the United States had to shut down due to the pandemic. The only way to continue learning safely was through online learning. Though this was safe, teachers saw the detrimental effects on their students when they returned to the classroom.  

“Online Coursework generally yields worse student performance than that in person coursework,” reports Stephanie Riegg Cellini of Brookings 2021. 

Over 97 percent of teachers reported seeing learning loss in their students. This sets back students on not only an educational level but also an emotional level. Over 57 precent of teachers consider their students behind three months of social and emotional progress. This is a set back the United States cannot afford to have.  

There is a lot of disagreement from other United States citizens that has to do with the vaccine. Many are saying that forcing students to get the vaccine is denying students and parents the right to choose what is being put in their body.  

However, this is incorrect. Certain vaccines, such as for polio and chicken pox, are already required in all 50 states for admission into kindergarten. Implementing the vaccine is only a matter of safety.  

The mandated vaccines for schooling also show United States citizens a perfect example of vaccine effectiveness. There is a reason illnesses like Polio and Chicken Pox do not exist or cause harm today. The only difference between getting a shot for Chicken Pox and getting a shot for Covid-19 is the way this vaccine has been politicized. Getting the Covid-19 vaccine has been made to show one’s political stance instead of being seen as protection from illness. Those who choose not to get vaccinated due to political stance fail to realize that most, if not all, the United States representatives are either vaccinated or must remained masked and social distanced.  

Education is what creates futures leaders and life-changing historical figures. Depriving children of a safe public education is not only damaging to the children; it is damaging to the future.  

$975
$1500

$975
$1500