The Quasar Drive-In- worth the price

December 9, 2021

The Quasar Drive-In of Valley, Nebraska pays tribute to a classic family outing while also showing modern movies.  

The website of the Quasar Drive-In provided a lot of information and answers most questions for those who are interested. The website is easy to function and gives clear information about the dos and don’ts of the drive-in. Under the “FAQ” tab, I was able to find out information such as where I should park and when I should show up. The website also gives clear information on how to buy tickets and food permits, which can also be purchased at the box office.  

The cost of the Quasar Drive-In was slightly pricey. The tickets and food were essentially the same as if one was seeing a movie at Aksarben or Majestic Cinema. This first made me hesitant to purchase things such as a food permit in order to bring in outside food. Because the experience and food exceeded my expectations, my party felt that the cost was worth it. The organization and the ability to see two movies for the price of one ticket made the expensive cost seem not terrible.  

There was a vast selection of dinner and snacks available at the snack bar. The concessions were very organized and clean. Viewers were to stand in line, picking up the things they wanted and proceeding to the cashier. The only downside to the food was the price. The cost of a burger and fries was slightly more expensive than a fast-food restaurant or other drive-in theaters in the area. That being said, the quality of the food was very good and the menu offered a wide variety of choices for both snacks and a meal. The cheaper and, in my opinion, more cost-efficient choice would be purchasing a food permit. Purchasing a $10 food permit allows a car to bring in whatever food their hearts desire. This is more cost efficient than buying a $9 burger and fries, but nothing beats fresh movie popcorn.  

From beginning to end, my experience at the Quasar Drive-In exceeded my expectations. The process of going through the box office and finding our parking spot was quick and smooth. This may be because we were able to purchase our tickets online before the movie. The workers of the drive-in were very kind and reminded us that everyone was welcome, even pets when on a leash. Though every car required their own radio, there was no buffering of sound or static throughout either of the movies. There was also a smooth transition in between both movies, for those who only stayed for the first or were only viewing the second.  

The experience I had at the Quasar Drive-In guarantees my return. I had a great time watching both movies, and the experience was better than any drive-in movie theater I had been to in the area. I completely recommend this theater for movie outings with both friends and family, and I will be returning to go see more Halloween classics for the upcoming season.  

$975
$1500

$975
$1500