My new years resolutions

January 24, 2022

I have never set New Year’s Resolutions. I think if you want to change something about your life you can do so at any point. I often assume those who set resolutions are setting themselves up for failure. Usually, I find common resolutions unrealistic because they are way too intense and overall unsustainable to suddenly implement into one’s life. Ironically, this year I decided to set resolutions. On New Year’s Eve, I started reflecting on 2021. The things I wished I had prioritized in the past year became my resolutions for 2022.

This year I want to focus on reading and cooking more as well as limiting my impulse buying and time I spend on my phone. I have always enjoyed reading. While I know I can’t commit to reading every single day for multiple hours, I know I can find enough time to finish a book per month. In addition to a book per month, I am committing to watching at least one new movie every month. Watching shows and movies has been my way to relax for the majority of my life. I become deeply involved with onscreen characters and storylines which contributes to my tendency of rewatching the same shows and movies over and over again. In 2022, I hope to subdue this habit by consuming entertainment genres I tend to avoid. Besides sampling diverse forms of media, experimenting with different recipes is on my list of resolutions. Spending time in the kitchen brings me a lot of joy. I plan to prepare new recipes twice a week to improve my overall culinary ability throughout the year.

Reducing screen time goes hand in hand with my other two resolutions. Personally, the more time I spend scrolling on my phone, the more anxious I become. Constantly scrolling wastes time that I could use being productive. I know overall cutting back on my screen time will make me much happier. Impulse buying is not an issue I realized I had until this year. I have started to recognize how much money I unnecessarily spend on a weekly basis and would really like to cut back in 2022. Even though these resolutions should be easily implemented into my day-to-day life, I know I won’t make all these goals throughout the entire year. I will get lazy, busy or simply forget but honestly, I don’t really care about reaching every goal I have. Regardless of whether I have reduced my screen time enough to have 12 new books or movies I can discuss by the end of the year, 108 recipes I’ve mastered or saved most of my paychecks, I want to at least have made an effort every month to achieve these resolutions in whatever way I can.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500