Panera Review

April 11, 2022

Bagels rank very highly among my favorite foods. It would not be an exaggeration to say I probably eat at least a dozen bagels a week. They’re great for breakfast, lunch, midnight snacks and every meal in between. That said, I’ve tried my fair share of bagel joints. While I’ve found a greater liking for local bagel shops, Panera is not a bad bagel shop choice if a local shop is not near.

Panera is reasonably priced, averaging about $1.69 per bagel, neglecting other costs such as cream cheese which is similarly priced at $1.60 per tub. Their economically friendly bagels are available in a variety of flavors ranging from chocolate chip to asiago cheese and are fairly delicious. My favorite bagels are their cinnamon toast crunch bagel which is a wonderfully sweet and crunchy snack. I also thoroughly enjoy Panera’s seasonal white chocolate cherry bagel which is a slightly more subdued sweet and tart treat.

Most chain restaurants lack a level of individuality in their décor, and while Panera is certainly no exception to that rule, conformity works in the establishment’s favor. Dull browns and greens are displayed throughout every establishment’s interior, which creates a dark, cozy, and cohesive atmosphere for all who dine indoors. Unfortunately, what pros the establishments have in terms of environment, is slightly lacking in terms of customer service. A level of stress certainly accompanies working at a chain restaurant, between running a drive through and walk up counter at most shops. However upon my many visits to the chain, I’ve found that stress often morphs into employees valuing efficiency with each customer’s order more than engaging in conversation with customers, which is a factor that is certainly not apparent at most local bagel shops. That said, most local bagel shops do not generate enough revenue to price their bagels as affordably as Panera and do not offer as wide of variety of flavors. If one is seeking an efficient,

economically friendly and delicious bagel experience, Panera bagels would surely not disappoint.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500