Caden Leach signs with Iowa Western

May 2, 2022

Caden Leach is a senior who plays wide receiver for Central’s football team. With the next chapter of his life quickly approaching, he signed with Iowa Western to play football while working to get a marketing or business degree.  

Leach’s football journey started way before he stepped into Central. He began playing at Little Vikes at the age of five. His father was his coach until he turned ten or eleven. Despite his early start in football, Leach was also drawn to baseball. He enjoyed playing baseball and almost considered playing in high school. 

“I was just really into baseball, so I was like shoot, I might just play baseball in high school. But at the same time, I always knew deep down that playing football was always my passion,” Leach said.  

With the coronavirus, his time playing football was cut short, but that did not take away from his overall good experience playing for Central. Leach shared that his freshman year playing was the most fun. He had friends from middle school on the team and it was a new experience. His freshman year was also the only full normal school year. Not being able to play his junior year hurt him, but he came back as a senior and played the best he could.  

Leach’s family plays a large role in the athlete he is now. He comes from a very athletic family who went to college and played sports. As the youngest, Leach thinks his desire to play football came from being the last person who could do something with the family legacy. Iowa Western is giving him that chance. 

“My parents have just woven me into this amazing athlete, like they spent so much time, money, taking off of work just to watch me play, so I kinda think I owe it back to them,” Leach said.  

With his family, teammates and coaches all wanting him to do the best he can, he takes the game very seriously. The competitive spirit within him and the environment of the field helps too.  

“I might know a kid from a different school, we might be friends but as soon as we step on the field, we are enemies, like I’m sorry but that’s just how the game goes. As soon as we are off the field, we are homies again but while we are in those lines it’s go time.” 

Leach chose Iowa Western because he believes it is the best option for him. Attending a community college means that he will go there for two years, play football and have his education paid for. He’ll get his business degree and then maybe after his two years go somewhere else to play football.  

“I want to take football as far as I can, see where it gets me. For life in general I just want to be able to live my life after I am done with football. I just want to live my life and be happy, be financially stable,” Leach said.  

With this new chapter in Leach’s life, he is most excited about the new experiences that wait for him. Being over with high school opens many doors for people. Leach is excited to go into the real world, attend classes, make new friends, travel and experience what Iowa Western has to offer.  

He did share that he is least looking forward to the five AM lifts, that is something he could live without. 

Leach does not know exactly what he wants to do with his degree, but he did show interest and passion in Dropshipping. This is something he is seriously considering when his time to stop playing football has arrived.  

He is excited for this next chapter of his life. He likes the coaches at Iowa Western and is ready to put in the work to see how far he can take football. His football journey did not start in high school, and it does not end there either.  

“If you are going to start football and you really want to play, you gotta put your mind to it. Because I second guessed myself so many times, especially this past year, you just gotta have a clear focus and vision. You have to have tunnel vision if that’s what you really want to do, cause once you get to college there is no turning back, it’s either you play or you don’t, and I will play.” 

$975
$1500

$975
$1500