Top 10 summer activities to try

May 3, 2022

When looking forward to summer break, many high school students overlook what they will actually do that summer. Some are going to camp, most are getting a job and some are going to stick to sports, but what will one do with their free time? 

1. Bowling at Night  

Bowling is the perfect place to hang out late at night with your friends. It does not matter if you’re good or bad at bowling. It’s the perfect way to spend your time with good music and laughter. 

2. Picnic 

Pack a traditional lunch or make it fun with all your favorite foods. Enjoy the perfect weather and the view while laying on your picture-perfect blanket. 

3. Outdoor Concert  

Seeing your favorite artist in concert is a memory you will never forget.  

4. Volunteer  

Giving back to your community is a good way to spend time. Just helping your neighbor can count. Anything to give back to society is worthwhile. 

5. Host a Bonfire 

Make s’mores, tell stories and laugh with your friends. Hosting a bonfire is a great excuse to lay around and eat chocolate with your friends. It’s also a good way to have people over without worrying about hosting. 

6. Make a Summer Playlist 

Chances are you are going to spend a lot of time in the car with your friends driving to all the activities on this list, so you will need music to listen to. Screaming to your favorite songs with your favorite people is a perfect way to get all your emotions out. 

7. Go to a Farmers’ Market  

The farmers’ market is the perfect place to take pictures. Dress up and walk with your friends admiring all the vendors. It’s the perfect excuse to get your friends out of bed. 

8. Drive-In Movie  

Late at night with no plans is where no one wants to be. A drive-in movie is the perfect place to get comfortable and watch your favorite movies. It’s also a step up from your basement. 

9. Bake Something 

Whether you are good or bad at baking, it will be fun with the right people. Get out your favorite recipe and take time to make it special. 

10. Go Camping  

Going camping is the teen version of a road trip. Traditional tents and sleeping bags never get old.  

$975
$1500

$975
$1500