The Green Bay Packers are on the metaphorical clock

The Green Bay Packers are one of the most storied football teams of all time and have been headed by an all-time great quarterback for over a dozen years. Despite it, the Packers have let down their fans for year after year, and seem to always fall short.

May 5, 2022

When Aaron Rodgers was drafted in the 2005 NFL Draft out of Cal, he was seen as the great replacement for Brett Farve and acted as the bridge from one all-time great quarterback to another.

For as long as I have watched football, Aaron Rodgers was the Packers. He has seen a great mix of talent around him over the accumulation of years, but it feels like it has never been enough or the right talent to win the Lombardi.

Rodgers and the Packers eventually did break through in 2011 with a team that provided Aaron Rodgers with a great crew of weapons on offense, including Randall Cobb and Jordy Nelson, but also pairing him with a good defense.

This would be the first and final time that Rodgers would see the Super Bowl so far in his career.

Fast forward to 2022, and Rodgers had pledged for this to be his last year in Green Bay.

Turmoil had run rampant on the team because of the vaccination drama revolving around Rodgers and because the Packers had failed to win in the NFC Championship year after year.

With what appeared to be Rodgers’ last dance in Wisconsin, the Packers and Rodgers pushed all their chips to the center for what would be a final year in an era of football.

After a great regular season, the table was set for the 49ers and Packers to play in cold Wisconsin in the second round of the NFL Playoffs. That game ended in defeat for Rodgers and his crew, and it appeared that Rodgers had one foot out the door.

Another month and a half after that event, Rodgers took a complete 180 on his original word and signed with the Packers on a long-term contract worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Not long after, the Packers dealt Davante Adams to the Raiders, because the little cap space they had was eaten up by Rodgers monster contract.

The Packers now sit with an aging quarterback on a five-year deal, no money to sign quality pieces to enhance the team, not a single high level receiver left on the roster and still one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

On top of all of that, Green Bay has a coach that can’t seem to make a good decision when a game of importance is being played.

The Packers have failed Aaron Rodgers, have failed the state of Wisconsin and have failed me.

The past years have been tough to watch as a fan of Green Bay and have left me thinking one thing: “Where do we even go from here?”

It appears that the front office has made up their mind that the past, future and present is Aaron Rodgers.

I find that conclusion to be one that will only waste another five years as an organization, and my hope is that management eventually sees that and blows it up.

At this very moment, my fandom is up in the air, and one more failure of a season may make me a football fan free agent. But for now, I still will support the Packers, but they are on the clock.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500