Central is giving me a UTI

January 12, 2023

I can’t use the bathroom during school. Ever.
I am currently enrolled in four music classes at Central, therefore half of my schedule takes place at the bottom of The Arts and Library addition. This does not include the time I spend before and after school for lessons, auditions, and extra practices. Most of my time at Central is spent in E128 and E121.
Currently, both sets of bathrooms in the addition are closed, one of which has chains locking the handles so even teachers couldn’t unlock them if they wanted to.
The initial closing was in the 2021-22 school year due to students skipping and smoking in them, as it’s too isolated from the rest of the building for security to patrol there frequently. There has only been one reopening since, for two weeks earlier this school year, before closing for the same reasons.
The next closest bathrooms are on the first floor. However, now that the new addition bathrooms are closed, the first floor bathrooms are the closest bathrooms for many different parts of the building.
Classes in the entire new addition, basement, gym, gym lobby, and on the first floor all go to the first floor, as it’s their closest bathrooms. This does not include the courtyard students during a lunch period.
This means that the first floor bathrooms become flooded with students.
By the time I am able to find a bathroom, wait in line to use, and use it, I’ve already missed well over the allotted five minutes before I’ve started the trek back to the music wing. I miss so much class time, often being unsuccessful in using the bathroom that I have given up altogether in using the bathroom at school.
While it was the administrations decision to close them, they were left with no other logical choice. They could reopen them, but this would mean our already short-staffed security would have to frequently patrol that area, which is too separated from the main building to justify. If we want our bathrooms open again, students need to be better.

$975
$1500

$975
$1500