Central alumni reconnect to alma mater during reunions

Class reunions are underway at Central again for the fall.  

Alumni who graduated from Central as far back as 1961 are returning to Central to see all the updates completed since their time at the school.  The reunions are planned by the class officers of the reunion’s graduating class and the Central High Alumni Association, helping them get the word out through social media and emails.  

This year, the reunions consist of a football game, if Central plays at home that week, where the alumni are recognized on the Strive OC Broadcast. I go to the reunion football game to make sure I stock up on my Central gear, which I always need more of,” said Jennifer Moyer, who graduated in ‘93.  

Many of these reunion classes will gather after the game, where alumni catch up and talk since many do not live in Omaha or see each other often anymore.  

The following Saturday morning, alumni come to Central and get a tour of the same halls they walked as students many years ago.The floors still have the same creak that they had when we were there,” said Tin James, class of 1993. A lot of the same décor they had back in the day has not changed in 35 years,” James said. 

For some alumni, the tour is their first time seeing the new library and arts addition.  

“It was fantastic to see the progress that Central has made in keeping current and modern design even when it is the oldest school in Nebraska,” James said. For the class of 1993, For the class of 1993, during their last reunion the Central Foundation was beginning to introduce the plans for Central’s new arts and library edition, now they get to see those plans brought to life.  

Following the tour of Central, there is a dinner party hosted at various restaurants around the downtown area, like the Omaha Tap house or Mattress Factory, where alumni can catch up on everyone’s lives since high school while staying close to the building.  

Many alumni are coming back to see how much the school has evolved since their time in high school.  

“I felt a lot of pride that I was a graduate of Central,” James said. I hope that the students appreciate their time there as much as I did.”